World Footballer of the Year Robert Lewandowski on Tuesday said he has cleared the air with Bayern Munich chiefs as he returned to bid farewell at the club he left for FC Barcelona.
“Everything is OK. I met with everyone and now I can leave with a clean heart,” Lewandowski said.
“Last week was a bit complicated for everyone. That sometimes happens in football. But I will never forget the eight years here,” he said.
Lewandowski reportedly arrived on Sunday after FC Barcelona returned from a U.S. tour during which he had accused Bayern Munich officials of making up “bullshit” concerning him before the transfer.
His statements did not go down well with Bayern Munich board member Hasan Salihamidzic and others.
Lewandowski left Bayern Munich after eight years in spite of a contract until 2023 for more than 40 million dollars.
MORE FROM INSIDE REPORTS
- Bureaux De Change Operators warn Nigerian govt against inflation, worsening hunger
- Again, ASUU extends strike, says govt has not made any offer
- NDLEA intercepts 2.8m Tramadol tabs worth N1.4bn at Lagos Port
- JOB: Software Engineer, Customer Success at Automattic
He became Bayern Munich’s second-best scorer of all time behind Gerd Müller, and in 2020/2021 bettered Müller’s single-season Bundesliga scoring record to 41 goals.
The 33-year-old said he also bid farewell to the team on Tuesday, saying: “I thanked everyone for their support. It was an emotional moment. I will always be grateful.”
The minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola said he opted not to seek any political position in 2023 because he believes at his age, politicians should quit for younger elements to blossom, according to a Peoples Gazette report.
“We are talking about young people, is it not time for us to leave the space? The former two-term Lagos governor enthused in an interview with Punch. “I came in at 39, I’m going at 60, let some 30-year olds too come and start their journey. It’s time to go.”