Full Job Description
Techie Planet is a technology solutions company providing software products and services including web and mobile software development, blockchain solutions, cloud computing, data analytics, and digital transformation. Our mission is to keep providing the technology solutions that enable commerce in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Data Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- You will take responsibility for managing our master data sets, developing visualizations and reports, and troubleshooting data issues
- To do well in this role you need an excellent eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, the ability to query and present data in the best visual form for maximum human comprehension, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis and visualization tools.
- Writing complex SQL and building visualizations are at the core of this role.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Using optimized SQL queries to extract data from primary and secondary sources to create required data sets
- Helping to develop visualization reports and analyses in form of charts, pivot tables, graphs, time series tables, etc. that show trends and patterns of historical data.
- Presenting complex data in easy-to-understand visualizations
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, and data cleansing.
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
MORE FROM INSIDE REPORTS
- Bureaux De Change Operators warn Nigerian govt against inflation, worsening hunger
- Again, ASUU extends strike, says govt has not made any offer
- NDLEA intercepts 2.8m Tramadol tabs worth N1.4bn at Lagos Port
- JOB: Software Engineer, Customer Success at Automattic
- Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Strong analytical skills to help collect, measure, and organize data
- Strong knowledge of SQL with a specific ability to develop optimized queries
- Strong knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau, Power BI, and Apache Superset. Previous experience with Apache Superset is an advantage but not compulsory
- Knowledge of building optimized data warehouses, materialized and non-materialized views, and re-organizing data for best results with SQL queries.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical tools like Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analyzing
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Team-working skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven working experience as a data analyst.